With the rising temperature in summer, a large number of melons are on the market, such as watermelon, muskmelon, cantaloupe, etc. There are also various sayings about melons, especially those who are deeply affected by diabetes, can they eat melons? What kind of melon can diabetes patients eat
- Especially common and cheap watermelons, the first impression to people is that it tastes very sweet, and diabetic patients cannot eat such food.
- In fact, whether diabetics can eat a certain kind of food, first look at the corresponding glycemic index. For watermelon, its glycemic index is indeed a relatively high position among all fruits. Different types of watermelons are moderate to high blood sugar. The range of the index, but the GL value belongs to the low load food.
- Therefore, on the whole, for diabetic patients with stable condition, watermelon can be eaten in moderation, but not too much. People with large blood sugar fluctuations can eat a small piece of watermelon occasionally. In addition, to refute the rumors, many people think that seedless watermelons cannot be eaten, and they even think that this kind of melons are the result of treatment with contraceptives.
- But in fact it is not. The seedless watermelon on the market is in response to people’s needs. Another way of breeding is adopted, that is, after the common diploid watermelon is crossed with a tetraploid watermelon, a triploid watermelon is formed. It is not the problem of seedless watermelons that created the current watermelon, and it is not the problem of seedless watermelons that makes people so happy.
- In conclusion, diabetic patients can eat watermelon, but they should pay attention to the amount they eat and the stability of their condition.
Why should melon and cantaloupe be eaten?
- Melon, as its name suggests, it tastes very good, but it does not mean that sweet food cannot be eaten by diabetic patients. From the nutritional content of melon, the calories per 100 grams of melon are 26 kcal, and the glycemic index is also at a moderate level. Stable is no problem.
- In addition, melon is rich in carotene, magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, niacin and other nutritional values. It is an appetizing fruit in summer and a delicacy for clearing away heat and relieving heat.
- People with diabetes don’t need to worry too much. Cantaloupe tastes sweeter. A glycemic index of 70 is a high glycemic index food, and a glycemic load of 5.4 is a low-load food. On the whole, sugar lovers can also eat in moderation.
- At the same time, in order to help diabetic patients better control their condition, especially the white flesh part of melons to the skin, which has low sweetness and high dietary fiber content, don’t throw it away at will, and cut it to make a salad. Taste and nutrition.
Read more updates and tips about health on www.facefof.com