Eating well is the common goal pursued by people in every age and period. As time goes by, today’s young people don’t even eat “rice”.In our memory, steamed buns, white rice and noodles have the taste of their mothers, but many young people think that eating these staple foods will make their bodies more and more fat, and they are also considered to be the king of junk food. Is rice actually the “worst staple food”?
A. Does rice contain carbs?
Rice has a lot of carbohydrates after being cooked a lot.
- Many people think that eating too much of these staple foods may shorten a person’s lifespan. The Lancet, an authoritative British medical journal, has published a large-scale epidemiological observational research paper from the same team in Canada.
- The study involved the nutrient intake of 135,000 people in 18 countries through a questionnaire survey. After grouping and comparing carbohydrates for energy supply, it was found that the group with the highest intake was in terms of total mortality and non-cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease mortality. , 28% and 36% higher, respectively.
- The study also showed that the carbohydrate energy supply ratio of Chinese people with a high carbohydrate energy supply ratio of 43% exceeded 70%. The article caused a lot of controversy when it came out.
- According to the “Report on Nutrition and Chronic Diseases of Indian Residents”, the average dietary carbohydrate energy supply ratio of Chinese residents in 2012 was 55%. According to foreign research and analysis, the overall mortality risk is at a low level.
- Another study, also published in The Lancet, found that the relationship between dietary carbohydrate intake and life expectancy is called a U-shaped relationship, which means that a low proportion of carbohydrate intake shortens life expectancy.
- After ingesting carbohydrates, people can provide a steady stream of energy for human beings. If they do not consume carbohydrates in a short period of time, they will not pose any threat to the body.
- AzOver time, if you don’t eat carbohydrates for a long time, the brain will start to change due to lack of energy, and the hair follicles will become inactive. Organs such as the ovaries and gallbladder may also stop working on their own, making them irritable and irritable. began to show a downward trend.
2. Is rice actually the “worst staple food”?
It’s time to uncover the truth
The idea of rice as “junk food” originated in a 2013 article titled “White rice is the king of junk food.”
- According to the Nutrition and Food Safety Institute of the Indian Center for Disease Control and Prevention, it is a fact that white rice can have a high blood sugar appreciation index.
- If you do not pay attention to control in your life, it may lead to a rapid spike in blood sugar after a meal. It is obviously unfair to judge it as junk food from this data alone.
- In life, we not only eat white rice, but also eat some vegetables, soy products, meat, etc., and each meal is a variety of vegetables, which are taken together.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Institute for Nutrition and Food Hygiene considers rice to be part of our food diversification, and we’ve had no problem eating rice flour as a staple for a long time.
- With the continuous development of social economy, in order to satisfy people’s appetite, food is made more and more refined, which will lead to a large amount of nutrient loss, making it impossible for people to get enough nutrition to provide the human body with Energy, so for your own health, you must eat more grains in your daily life.
Everyone must eat more grains in peacetime because it has high nutritional value and more dietary fiber, which is beneficial to the health of the body.
Read more updates and tips about health on www.facefof.com