Carrots are full of vitamins, minerals and fiber that are good for your health. But eating too many carrots can bring an excess of beta-carotene, the molecule responsible for carrots’ bright orange hue and a precursor to the vitamin one. This causes too much carotene in the blood, which can cause skin discoloration. What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating carrot
People may have first grown carrots thousands of years ago in what is now Afghanistan. The original small, forked, purple or yellow roots had a bitter, woody taste that was nothing like carrots as we know them today.
- Carrot is characterized by an orange discoloration of the skin
- Carrot is harmful for liver and diabetics
- Carrot is a major allergen protein that causes allergen cross-reactivity between mugwort and birch pollen.
1. Carrot is characterized by an orange discoloration of the skin.
Carrots are a potent source of carotene, the organic compound responsible for the orange-yellow richness of this vegetable. This bright pigment is also present in measurable amounts in various plants and fruits, such as kale, sweet potatoes, oranges and pineapples. Eating too many carrots and other yellow or orange fruits and vegetables can lead to a condition called carotenoid metastases, which is characterized by an orange discoloration of the skin. which is characterized by an orange discoloration of the skin.
2. Carrot is harmful to liver and diabetics
It’s important to note that, like beta-carotene, brightly colored carotene is a pro-vitamin A carotenoid that is processed by the liver into bioavailable vitamin A. People with impaired liver function should consult a physician before consuming carrots. Doing too much may further tax this organ. Likewise, people with diabetes should do the same, as cooked carrots may interfere with the absorption of blood sugar-regulating medications.
3. Carrot is a major allergen protein that causes allergen cross-reactivity between mugwort and birch pollen.
Some people have also noticed a sensitivity to carrots. It turns out that the major allergen protein of carrots is a potential cause of allergen cross-reactivity between mugwort and birch pollen, so people allergic to pollen from the latter plant may also be allergic to carrots.
Carrots are high in sugar and have a high glycemic index (GI). The index ranks carbohydrates based on their effect on glucose levels in the blood. Carbohydrates with a lower GI content are digested more slowly, with the result that more nutrients are extracted from them, lower insulin levels are required, and less sugar enters the bloodstream. This in turn keeps the potential for inflammation low, reducing the total amount of circulating free radicals.
Read more updates and tips about health on http://www.facefof.com
- What are the benefits of drinking black rice porridge, Black rice benefits for skin, hair, diabetes
- What are the benefits of drinking Gynostemma tea, What to pay attention to when drinking Gynostemma, What are the side effect of drinking gynostemma
- Benefits of eating kiwi empty stomach, Best time to eat kiwi for weight loss, Best time to eat kiwi for skin, What is the best time to eat kiwi fruit, Benefits of kiwi for skin and hair
- Benefits Of Eating apple in the morning empty stomach, Benefits of eating apples every day, eating an apple a day helps to dissipate nodules