Sweet potato is a tuber plant, it has many names, some places call it sweet potato, and others call it sweet potato, potato and so on. Sweet potatoes benefits and side effects
Medicine believes that sweet potato has the functions of tonifying deficiency, strengthening energy, strengthening stomach and strengthening kidney.
The efficacy and role of sweet potatoes
Strengthen the spleen and qi, quench thirst, and promote digestion
Sweet potatoes can strengthen the spleen and qi, and more importantly, make the digestive tract unobstructed, and the digestive function will be improved.
When eaten raw, it can achieve the effect of producing fluid and quenching thirst. When the mouth is dry, taking a few bites is not only delicious, but also relieves thirst and throat.
- Prevent colorectal cancer and arteriovenous
- Dietary fiber
- The prevention of cardiovascular disease
- The prevention of emphysema
- Can lose weight
- No weight gain
1. Prevent colorectal cancer and arteriosclerosis
The ingredients in the cooked sweet potato will change, and some of the starch will react, which can increase the dietary fiber by about half compared to when it is eaten raw. In this way, a variety of water-insoluble fibers will be multiplied, and after consumption, the peristalsis of the intestines will be accelerated, and the bowel movements will be smoother.
2. Dietary fiber,
For many people, is very valuable, it is the hero of preventing constipation. As we all know, arteriosclerosis is closely related to reactive oxygen species, and sweet potatoes can inhibit and eliminate reactive oxygen species and prevent arteriosclerosis.
Not only that, sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin C, and their greatest strengths are anti-lipid oxidation and prevent atherosclerosis.
Medical research has confirmed that most people suffering from colorectal cancer are lack of dietary fiber. When fiber is sufficient, cancer cells have no place to hide.
3. The prevention of cardiovascular disease
The folic acid and vitamin B6 in sweet potatoes are also very magical. Its specialty is that it can reduce the level of homocysteine in the blood. The latter is the murderer of arterial damage and the initiator of cardiovascular disease. If you eat sweet potatoes often, you will have no worries.
4. The prevention of emphysema
Smoking is a bad habit, and the longer you smoke, the higher the risk of disease. Smoking can cause a variety of diseases. The biggest harm of smoking is to damage the lungs and suffer from emphysema.
If you are already sick, you might as well eat more sweet potatoes for relief during drug treatment, because sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, and eating more sweet potatoes can effectively reduce the incidence of emphysema and relieve symptoms.
5.Can lose weight
With the improvement of modern people’s living standards, the intake of protein and fat has gradually increased. As a result, the number of friends suffering from obesity is also increasing. Sweet potatoes are low in fat and calories. Eating sweet potatoes can reduce people’s hunger.
6. No weight gain.
Sweet potatoes are surprisingly low in fat. Every 100 grams of fresh sweet potatoes contain only 0.2 grams of fat, but they can generate 99 kcal of heat, which is about 1/3 of that of rice. Therefore, sweet potatoes are indispensable low-fat and low-calorie foods. Eat sweet potatoes often, you can eat less other foods, so as to achieve the effect of losing weight.
- In addition, sweet potatoes can effectively prevent the sugar in the body from being converted into fat, which is beneficial to the beauty of women.
- Chlorogenic acid in sweet potatoes can also prevent the production of melanin in young women’s freckles and old people’s pigmentation.
- However, sweet potatoes lack protein and lipids, and they cannot be eaten often. They can only be eaten together to maintain a balanced nutrition.
Read more updates and tips about health on http://www.facefof.com
- Benefits of eating sweet potatoes at night, What are the benefits of eating Potatoes daily
- Benefits of eating sweet potatoes, How much sweet potato can a diabetic eat, How to cook sweet potatoes for diabetics
- What green vegetable is bad for diabetes, Toon, Potatoes, Beans, Beet, Lotus Root, Snow Red, Leek, Old pumpkin, how to control stabilize blood sugar in winter